UPDATE: My mods now come with the MC version they’re intended for in the file name before the version number from 1.10.2 onwards. Just look for the bunch of numbers after the name but before the dash (-).
I’ve been seeing a few posts asking what mod version is for what version of Minecraft, so I’d just like to point out this old post of mine from a while back that explains how my version numbering works.
Anyhow, let’s get to it:
- The version number starts with a number equal to or larger than 2. This is the start of the new versioning system I’m currently using. Mods with this versioning system will require iChunUtil.
- 2.X.X is for Minecraft 1.6.2/4
- 3.X.X is for Minecraft 1.7.2
- 4.X.X is for Minecraft 1.7.10
- 5.X.X is for Minecraft 1.8.0
- 6.X.X is for Minecraft 1.10.2 (1.8.9, 1.9.0 and 1.9.4 do not exist because I have no mods on those that use this system)
- The version number is <Minecraft Version>-1.X.X. These mods have the MC version labelled next to the download and does not require iChunUtil.
- The version number starts with 0.X.X. These mods would normally have the MC version labelled next to the download, since it deviates from my norm. The only mods fitting this category are Morph and any ModJam-build versions of mods.
- The version number is 1.X.XvY. The “1.X.X” denotes the Minecraft version while the “vY” part denotes the build for that version of Minecraft. Basically, <Minecraft>v<Build>. If the version is just 1.0.X, it is for Minecraft 1.5.X.
I’ll probably update this list in the future and link back here so that people don’t get confused and stuff. If you stumbled upon here looking for a version number that’s after the listed versions, try to go logically in order of major Minecraft releases and you should have your answer.
Some mods may have a “Deobf” download. If you’re not a modder, you probably won’t need this.
Oh. I probably should add that PortalGun and Gravity Gun are skipping 1.7 entirely. Because reasons. Some of it being life (I’ve moved to Ireland!), some of it being code-related. So please, just stop asking for it. I’ll try my best to bring it back in 1.8, GraviGun first then PortalGun after.