Okay, before I write the changelog for these mods, let me explain why it has taken this long to update them.
A long while back, I realised iChunUtil was a big mess of code and chose to rewrote it. However, because of its size, it took quite a while working on it and eventually I got burnt out working on it. I had a lot of plans for the rewrite, and then life gets in the way, and as a result, this rewrite is not 100% done. It is still missing quite a significant amount of code and the other mods updated today are the few mods that could be updated with what code was already in there.
Unfortunately I would have to say that life is, once again, getting in the way, so this will be my last update for 1.10.2 until January 2017. Don’t fret though, I will update my mods eventually. Time flies, so I’ll be back at it in no time.
Till next time though!
iChunUtil-dependent mods released for 1.10.2 or later: 7/22
All mods – 6.0.0
– Updated to MC 1.10.2
– Updated to conform to Forge’s new mod id requirements.
– Code cleanup
– Rewrote mod from scratch, with large code optimization and (hopefully) performance improvements.
– Improved management of many multi-mod functions.
– Improved version bounds to prevent accidental use of iChunUtil-dependent mods for other MC versions.
– Removed bossKills config as it is no longer possible to easily detect Boss Entities in MC.
– Fixed crashing when gibbing with Fishing Rods.
– Improved memory use when multiple PiPs are present.
– Heavily optimized rendering code.
(Honestly, I forgot which mods needed updating and which mods didn’t so I just decided to rebuild them all on 1.7.10)
– Built in a 1.7.10 workspace
– Updated localizations.
Also want to add a note that iChunUtil was hotfixed to fix a crash with dedicated servers on load.
– Fixed incorrect import causing the mod to crash the game.
Get it at the usual spots.
Read about the Version Changes here.
– Ported to 1.6.2 (Obviously)
– Now uses Minecraft Forge and iChunUtil
– Now can be installed on servers and *not crash*
– Added “green blood” option for mobs with blood. Disabled by default.
– Fixed behaviour or skeletons not changing.
– Fixed arrows/fish hooks not amputating properly.
– Fully server compatible, will actually cause mobs to gib for other players as well.
– Server compatible, will not crash if loaded on the server. However, the mod doesn’t do anything serverside.
– Tweaked explosive effects on mobs who are killed by explosions. Increased gib toss distance.
Thanks to the folks who saw the three very amusing bugs during my livestream when I rewrote the two mods.
(In case you’re curious, they’re: 1. (MA) Gibs kept spitting blood out and rocketed to the sky. 2. (MD) Gibs got stuck in midair and spun around “along with the music”. 3. (MD) Explosions caused gibs to fly to space.)
Heh, well that’s that. Cheers.
– Ported to 1.5.2
Get them in the drop down above.
– Fixed mod compatibility with changing texture packs.
– Fixed shooting portals through glass/iron fences making it go through blocks.
– Fixed placing chests on portals crashing and corrupting the world.
– Fixed death.moon messages.
Version Naming changes:
Now that I’m using runtime deobfuscation for some of my mods, Portalgun will have a change of version naming.
Old naming: <Minecraft version>v<Build number>
New naming: <Initial number>.<Major release>.<Minor release>
Initial Number: Changes everytime an update to minecraft breaks runtime deobfuscation. Resets Major/Minor Release Number.
Major Release: Changes everytime something mod breaking is done, eg new mod content or major change of mod structure.
Minor Release: Changes everytime some small fixes which does not break the mod are done.
Two days ago, Snapshot 13w02b was released. This snapshot (along with 13w02a) contains a new rendering system for the entire game, having each block/item consisting of multiple texture files for rendering.
Right now I do not know of the stance of Risugami’s ModLoader (ML) on this change, if it were to adapt somehow or discontinue, because according to cpw (who does FML), this change completely break’s ML’s overriding system.
The mods possibly affected are all my ML (Forge compatible) mods: Back tools, Mob amputation, Mob dismemberment, Pig Grinder.
What I’m trying to point out here is that ModLoader may not work the same way in snapshot 13w02b when fully released (I assume it will be called 1.5, and will refer to it as such from now on), so it might break the mods in some way. However, if I have to take the step, I will be moving the mod to use Forge/FML rather (ML mods have always worked on Forge/FML).
On a side note, for those who use the Pig Grinder mod, I will be discontinuing it as a ModLoader mod, and will continue it as a Forge Mod (making it SMP compatible) in the future.
TL;DR: ML may be changing in 1.5. My ML mods may convert to Forge due to it. Pig Grinder is confirmed to switch over.
PortalGun has been rewritten, 1.4.5v1 is identical in terms of functionality to 1.4.6v1.
There is no documentation on the rewrite at this point of time so use at your own discretion.
Some stuff has been shifted around, it is NOT compatible with the old versions, most of the items can be carried over however. A few recipes has been changed as well.
I am not liable for any crashes/corruption that happens to your worlds when updating.
– Fixed Accidental PortalGun reference in downloader thread
– Fixed Mattock from BTW compat.
– Added user mod compatibility config.
– Fixed Wither skeletons gibs using normal skeleton textures
– Removed some debug code left in previous update (Mob Dismemberment only)
– Updated to 1.4.4