In case you didn’t know, I’m taking part in a Modding Event by Searge of MCP, called ModJam!
As a bunch of you might know by now… I’m somewhat making a “Hats” mod (No, not really like TF2 hats).
However, the mod needs models, so I need your help! (While I do all the code stuffz)
How’d you like to make a couple of Hat models for the mod?
I’ll be sure to take a look at a bunch of submissions, they’re not really hard to make, and you need Techne, as usual.
Here’s what you have to do:
- You need to get Techne. (sorry mac/linux users!)
- Download this Hat template.
- You need to make a model and texture of a hat. (Remember to delete the head block from the model)
- You need to upload the model to Techne Online and mark it as Downloadable, and tag it as “Hat”
- Post a link to the model in Techne Online in the comments of this post.
- Hope your model gets selected!
- (Optional) If you’d like to continue adding details to your model/make another new one you can do so and post another comment. I will be selecting the one I find best!
Please note that once you submit the model you’ll be agreeing to allow me to make changes to the model as I see fit before it is put into the mod, as well as allowing the public to view/use it.
There won’t be a deadline on this yet, but I’ll try to pull as many hats as I can for the release of the mod. Additional hats may be added as a content addition later on.
The Hat Template is important for you to know how the hat will look like in the model (as the template has a single head model saved in)
Here’s an example of a top hat on top of the Hat Template:
An ingame shot can be seen above.
EDIT: Those of you looking for the mod can find it here.