I can see you’re looking at my About Me page. Some of the things here may also be stated on my FAQ, though. Let’s see…
- My nickname is iChun, occasionally prefixed with ohai- so it forms ohaiiChun. It is not Japanese-related in any way.
- A lot of people pronounce “iChun” wrong that I’ve seen comment wars on YouTube about how it’s pronounced. Personally I don’t care, I got used to it (my real name gets mispronounced a lot as well)
- In case you were wondering it’s pronounced “i-choon”, not “i-chan”, “i-ch-un” or “ik-khan”. Blame Myrathi for that last one.
- Why iChun? Loooong story. It all started with a couple of jokes with some friends about certain…. products that begin with the “i” name. Someone made a remark and I decided to change my IGN to something to mock him. Fast forward to a few days later, I needed help modding and I was on IRC using Mibbit default nicks. Mr_okushama suggested I get a proper nickname and as I thought for one, I thought about the previous IGN. It stuck and I’ve been using it ever since. I used to be known as a previous alias before that, but that part’s history.
- I started modding Minecraft (MC) in late February 2011, releasing my first mod in the second week of March 2011, which was PortalGun.
- Despite contrary belief, I do not have a Computer Science (CompSci) background. Not all mc modders originate with a tech background nor are on that path right now.
- I don’t actually know how many mods I have made, but I still update them to the latest Minecraft version when I’m capable of it, unless they’ve been succeeded by another mod, ceased development, or I have plans on skipping an entire MC version.
- In terms of actual languages spoken, English (mainly) and Malay (badly). I also understand bits of several Chinese dialects (Hokkien, Teochew, Mandarin, Cantonese).
- I currently live in Dublin, Ireland. I originate from Malaysia. That’s the country that looks like it’s about to eat Singapore, which are both in South-East Asia.
- I’m Chinese, that doesn’t necessarily mean I’m from China. What I mean is Race: Chinese, Nationality: Malaysian.
- I’m 1.72 meters tall. (5 feet 7 for you non-metric folks). Where I’m from, it’s considered average, not short.
- My age is a question mark. (?)
- My relationship status is also a question mark. (?)
- I’m best contacted on IRC (#iChun on irc.esper.net) or Twitter (@ohaiiChun). Emails are for more private/personal matters.
- I’m using this laptop. It’s a better PC than my most recent desktop, so I stick to this 24/7.
- I try to connect up to 3 monitors on my main computer (I also have a MacBook Air). I claim productivity boost from more monitors as reasoning.
- I use Google Chrome Beta since Chrome 4.0 (extensions update!)
- I use Steam Beta since Steam Broadcasting was introduced.
- I actually like Windows 8.1 better over Windows 7.
- I’ve used Mac OS and Linux before, and I know how to use them (somewhat)
- I’ve never played Zelda (shocking! :O). I have, already played Half-Life 2 though. Half-Life 3 needs to happen.
- Favourite Games: Left 4 Dead 2, Outlast.
- I’m an Android person. Currently using a Galaxy S4. Might be holding on to this phone for a while longer than expected
- I have an Oculus Rift DK2. I use it occasionally. Much more than my Leap Motion anyways.
- I like salty food.
- I’m a dog person.
- I have a strange sleep schedule, it progressively gets later and later each day.
- I like coffee over tea.
- I am a medical student currently in 1st year, studying in Dublin.
- I do not read the comments on this site.
Updated 18 Apr 2015