Due to popular demand, I’ve decided to release Morph (which is my entry for ModJam) in it’s unfinished form, thus called “BETA”.
This build is not identical to the build submitted for ModJam (scroll down to “Final Commit for ModJam”). It has several stability and feature improvements. This was the last commit before this build.
- For Minecraft 1.6.2. Will not be downported for 1.5.2. Requires Minecraft Forge. Mod is also unfinished and in beta! 😀
- “Acquire” most living mobs by killing them (a morph). This includes other players, silverfish, turrets (from PortalGun) and even descriptive books (from Mystcraft). You cannot reacquire an identical morph.
- Browse previously stored morphs with the (defaults) [/] keys (These are normally next to the enter/return key). Rebindable in the config. Once the selector is open you can use the mouse to browse.
- Select a morph with the ENTER/RETURN/LMB. It takes 4 seconds to transition between morphs, and you cannot acquire morphs while morphing.
- Remove a morph with the DELETE/BACKSPACE (rebindable). You cannot remove your original state/the morph you are currently using.
- Close the morph selector with the ESCAPE/RMB. It will auto close if there is another GUI open.
- Proper way to acquire the morph skill, involves meteors and destruction.
- A “morph” mob. Behind the scenes name is “The Thing”.
- A clear separation between the basic and advanced morphs. Currently it is a mashup of the two.
- Morph Abilities. EG: Spiders climbing walls, creepers exploding.
- “Self learning” mob abilities, to allow limited generic mod mob support.
Known Issues (and status):
- (BUG) Morphs with tiny hitboxes cannot swim up pools deeper than 1 block.
- (BUG) Horse morphs in grazing mode infinitely graze.
- (BUG) Occasionally morphs can duplicate. This is entirely due to the entity NBT data being slightly different, causing the mod to think the morph as a new morph. If you are being overrun with morphs, delete some.
- (BUG) Slimes don’t bounce when you jump.
- (WONTFIX) Morphing into child morphs will show the morph transition into an adult morph. Child models are changed directly in the model class, so I’d rather not go to hassle of handling each individual case to correctly show the transition, especially since there are no hooks by MCForge in that category.
- (WONTFIX) Very large morphs have difficulty breaking blocks, especially those with a very different eye height from the player. The server classes these seperately and might reject the block breaking. Won’t fix, not a big issue.
- (WONTFIX) Morphs with short “arms” float in first person. Won’t fix because the mod is using a generic way to get “arms” of mobs, and attempting to render them in the same viewpoint/position first person as normal player arms.
- (WONTFIX) Large morphs (such as the ghast or giant zombie) overlay the GUI in the selector/inventory. Won’t fix because this is an intentional representation of the Morph’s size, and will not be changed.
- (WONTFIX) “Incorrect” eye height. The eye height that the mod uses is what Minecraft defines the eye height for the mob is. Not the issue of the mod.
- (UNDECIDED) Holding items as morphs which cannot hold items, will not show the item.
- (UNDECIDED) Killing the Ender Dragon doesn’t spawn an End Portal. This is because the Ender Dragon doesn’t die. It becomes a part of you, and you become the ender dragon. (jk)
Again, a reminder that the mod isn’t finished yet, but it is fairly stable, so feel free to try it out.
Vote for Morph and other ModJam mods Here!
Dropbox (This version is outdated. Get 0.3.0 here instead.)