Hey guys, recently I’ve been thinking of swapping out the Pedestal/portalgun models that we currently have ingame, one of which I created using Techne in JUNE 2011. (Yeah it’s pretty old)
Here’s a picture of it:
So… I was wondering,
How’d you like to make a PortalGun model?
That’s right guys. While I’m busy with the rewrite, at the same time I would like to change the portalgun model with something perhaps better looking and a bit more detailed.
You guys now have the chance of creating a model for the mod! You will of course, get creds if selected.
Here’s what you have to do:
- You need to get Techne. (sorry mac/linux users!)
- You need to make a model and texture of the pedestal [Example here and here] and with the portalgun attached (like the picture above). Make sure to read the model guidelines too!
- You need to upload a screenshot of the model or upload it to Techne Online, upload the tcn save file from Techne somewhere readily accessible.
- Post a link to the screenshot/Techne Online as well as the download to the TCN file in the comments of this post.
- Hope your model gets selected!
- (Optional) If you’d like to continue adding details to your model/make another new one you can do so and post another comment. I will be selecting the one I find best!
Please note that once you submit the model you’ll be agreeing to allow me to make changes to the model as I see fit before it is put into the mod, as well as allowing the public to view/use it.
There is no deadline for this yet, but doesn’t mean you can dilly dally, if you want a shot at it, please submit it before I DO set a deadline!
- The model HAS to be of the Pedestal with a portalgun on top. The portalgun model is derived from this model. You can use the old model and the screenshot links above as a guideline.
- The model can be of ANY size, the larger it is, the more detailed you can make it both modelwise and texturewise. Please try to make it larger than the old model though, because that itself was undersized.
- Please maintain the height/width ratio for the model! I can’t shoot a portal from a portalgun that’s waaay too high or waaay too low.
- Model Shapes which are NOT PART OF THE BASE have to have their position at 0, 6, 0, so use the offset to move them! (Technically the 6 [second value] can be any value, but i’m just placing one to simplify matters)
So, that’s basically it for now, hope to see some awesome submissions in the near future!
I’ve already gotten a potential candidate! (Thanks again mr_hazard|d95, you truly are an awesome person 😀 )
UPDATE: Deadline is finally set, 1st Dec, 12 am EST.